Wande Coal is a Nigerian music star, Singer, song writer, entertainer, and a recording artist. Whose song genre is in the R&B Afro_pop style, He is also the chief executive officer of Black Diamond Record Label.
|Full name||Wande Oluwatobi Ojosipe|
|Nick name||Wande Coal|
|Date of birth||18th of October 1985|
|Age||36 years old in 2021|
|Place of birth||Lagos Island, Lagos state|
|Parents||Chief Ibukun Olufunto and Mrs Omolara Oluwayemisi Ojosipe|
|Education||University of Lagos Akoka|
|Profession||Singer, record label owner|
|Net worth||$1.5 million|
Wande Coal Early Life
Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe, professionally known as wande coal was born 18th of October 1985, in Lagos state, Nigeria. He was born to Chief Ibukun Olufunto and Omolara Oluwayemisi Ojosipe. The first of two children, Wande Coal had his primary school education at Staff Nursery and Ijaniki Primary School, and his secondary education in Federal Government College Lagos in Lagos State.
Wande Coal went to the Federal Staff Nursery and Primary School, Ijanikin, Lagos, before he proceeded to the Federal Government College, Ijanikin, Lagos, which happens to be the same school where his mother was a Home Economics teacher.
Wande Coal later gained admission to University of Lagos, Akoka (UNILAG) where he bagged a BSc in Curriculum studies.
Wande Coal Net Worth And Biography
After obtaining his First School Leaving Certificate, and His West Africa Senior School Certificate, He proceeded to University of Lagos (UNILAG), Lagos State, where he graduated with a degree in Curriculum Studies.
Wande Coal Musical Career
Coal started singing in the teenage choir at his church. He got his break in the Nigerian entertainment industry as a dancer. He got signed to Don Jazzy’s Mo’ Hits Records in 2006. He featured on D’banj’s Rundown/Funk you up album on singles such as “Loke”, “tonosibe” and “why me”. Being signed to Mo’ Hits records he is also a member of the Mo’ Hits all stars and played a major role in the released CV album. His first single of the CV album, “Ololufe”, has been described as one of the greatest love songs ever written by a Nigerian. He later released his debut album Mushin To Mo’Hits which was widely received across Nigeria, UK and the USA.
Wande Coal Net Worth And Biography
Wande Coal has also recorded tracks with other Nigerian artists including ikechukwu, Naeto C, Dr SID, D’Prince, Wizkid and many other artists.
In 2012 following a fallout between record label Executives Don Jazzy and D’banj, Wande Coal, Dr SID and D’Prince signed on to Don Jazzy’s new Record Label Mavin Records with the addition of Tiwa Savage from 323 entertainment acting as the first lady of mavin records. Coal left Mavin Records in 2013. In October 2013, he released a single called “Baby Face”.
After a long break from the music, Wande Coal released his Second album Wanted. Most reviews of Wanted were slightly above average.
Wande Coal released another single Turkey Nla in December 2017, and So Mi So in 2018. Wande Cole is currently under his independent record label – Black Diamond Records.
Wande Coal Studio albums
- 2009: Mushin To Mo’Hits
- 2015: Wanted
Wande Coal Compilation albums
- Curriculum Vitae (2007)
- Solar Plexus (2012)
Wande Coal Awards And Nomination
During the course of Coal career, he has so far bag many awards as well as nomination, most of his popular awards and nomination are;
- Next Rated at Hip Hop World Awards – 2008
- Naija’s fastest Rising Superstar at UNIPORT Awards – 2008
- Song of the Year at the Dynamix Youth awards – 2009
- City People named him as the Best rhythm and blues singer of the year – 2009
- Best Afro Hip Hop Video at the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2009
- African Artiste of the Year at the Ghana Music Awards – 2010
- Artiste of the Year at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2010
- Best R&B/Pop Single at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2010
- Album of the year at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2010
- Song of the Year at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2010
- Hip Hop Revelation of the Year at the Hip Hop World Awards – 2010
- City People Album of the year – 2010
- Outstanding Performance in the music industry by City People – 2010
- City People named him Artist of year – 2010
- Wanted was nominated for Best R&B pop album at The Headies – 2016
- Nominated for Best Pop Single at The Headies – 2018
- Viewer’s choice nominee at the Sound City MVP Awards – 2019
Wande Coal Net Worth
Wande Coal is currently one of the richest and most influential artistes in Nigerian music industry with an estimated net worth of $1.7 million dollars.
Thank you very much for reading Wande Coal Net Worth And Biography to the end, please do ahre this among friends and family online.